For Tenants:

If you are renting for the first time and want someone to read through the tenancy agreement and provide you with advice as to the rights and obligations worthy of note, contact one of our friendly staff at JK Lawyers, who will be more than happy to sit down with you and advise you, or even through a telephone conversation at time convenient to you.

Whether you are a student local or from an overseas country, an expatriate working in Victoria, travelling from interstate for short term stay in Victoria – no tenancy arrangement is too small or too big for our Firm to give proper attention and advice.

If you are a tenant facing a problem with your managing agent or landlord, we can assist you with the Tribunal process and preparing your case.

We have assisted many tenants facing Victorian and Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) cases, whether it is to do with the return of bond money, dispute with the owners corporation, problematic neighbours, unreasonable landlords.

Let us help give you peace of mind so that you can be free to enjoy your stay in the tenanted residence.

Matters we can assist you with:

  • Breach of tenant obligations
  • Breach of landlord obligations
  • Repayment of bond
  • Repairs to the property
  • Utility charges


Taking the next step and contacting a lawyer can be scary. Our lawyers will make you feel comfortable so you can talk about your matter with ease.